USA Online Casinos 2021
In terms of regulations, online gambling in the United States of America is a not yet fully developed field. Namely, until recent years, all forms of online gambling and all form of so-called wiring – transfer of information or payments, which sole purpose is the propagation of online gambling, especially sports betting activities by using state networks and lines. And such strict prohibition was carefully monitored by the “eye” of several gambling-related acts and regulations, such as the Federal Wire Act, PASPA, or UIGEA.
However, modern times have introduced some updates and innovations, especially on the state level, which, on the contrary, cannot be said for the federal level. And although it has been more than ten years since Congress passed a bill regarding some form of gambling activity, current initiatives led mostly by state lawmakers have succeeded to “bend” the federal rules a bit. They do it mostly by allowing states to autonomously decide to legalize a specific game in particular or a certain form of online gambling.
Real Money USA Online Casinos
Laws & Acts that Regulate USA Online Casinos
Here is a brief overview of each of the above-mentioned core gambling laws mean for the development of the online gambling industry in the United States of America and USA online casinos particularly:
Federal Wire Act
Federal Wire Act – passed by the Kennedy administration, this particular act, with all its rigidity, had one purpose and one purpose only – to stop organized crime, which was blooming at the time. In 2011 this already legendary act got an “update.” Namely, nearly all types of gambling were allowed to use state lines, but not sports betting. Passing regulatory acts considering sports betting activities was labeled not as a federal but as a state-related issue. Every individual state was now obliged to introduce independent sports betting regulations.
The most logical and practical solution was the introduction of licenses issued by each state, and the bettors are allowed to place legal bets only in those casinos licensed by the state they live in. Other state jurisdictions are labeled as prohibited.
PASPA – the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act, known as PASPA, represents yet another form of consequential legislation on the federal level that strictly banned each form of sports betting outside the state of Nevada. This act passed back in 1960, was pointed towards both online and in-person betting.
However, back in 2018, the Supreme Court ruled in favor of sports betting, concluding that the PASPA has violated the 10th Amendment of the USA constitution, not allowing states to decide for themselves which forms of gambling or games will be proclaimed legal. New Jersey was the first state to “pull the trigger,” passing an autonomous gambling law. Nineteen more states then followed this act, and the number tends to be on the rise.
UIGEA – the Unlawful Internet Gaming Enforcement Act, which is currently in power, carries a substantial part in regulating online gambling in the United States of America. This particular regulation forbids all online gaming-related entities from receiving funds. However, it also leaves an open space for states to legalize a form of online gambling “of their taste,” which allows the payment processors to operate in such territories.
What’s interesting about this particular act is the fact that it exclusively allowed payments related to fantasy sports and horse racing to be realized through the usage of state lines! However, only a handful of states passed an act to legalize these two forms of online gaming/gambling: Nevada, Delaware, and New Jersey, while other states are still pushing their way through national boundaries.
Top USA Online Casinos Payment Methods
After getting familiar with some basic principles of online gambling and gambling regulations, it’s time to jump right to another related topic – which payment methods are recognized in the United States of America and how they are precisely regulated.
- Credit & debit cards. Nowadays, credit and debit cards are such a widespread payment method that it’s slowly starting to become in a way obsolete, like paper money. This global usage is the exact proof of their security, which is proof stable enough for online casinos in the United States of America to accept both types of cards as a payment method or debit cards the deposit method. The two most frequently utilized cards are, as you have already guessed, MasterCard and VISA.
- Prepaid cards (such as NeoSurf). Also a widely accepted online casino payment method, a prepaid card provides you with the convenience of instantly realized transactions as well as debit/credit relatives. But you can do it without having to be connected to any bank account, which, agreeably, reduces the chances of fraud in some ways. Prepaid cards are getting funded manually and can take two different forms – electronic or physical. Fees for transactions via prepaid cards vary from provider to provider. Online casino-related fees are usually excluded for prepaid card deposits.
- Instant payment. Many players prefer using some instant payment service, which, as the name says for itself, provides the possibility of instant transactions, acting as a kind of security shield between your bank account and your online casino account. The most popular instant payment method is the worldwide known PayPal, accepted throughout online casinos based in the United States of America.
- E-wallets. E-wallets can be considered as a kind of a mixture between instant payment services, such as MuchBetter, and prepaid cards, such as, for instance, the PaySafeCard. Casinos tend to charge via e-wallets in different ways, including transferring funds to the wallet and then paying using such funds, like via prepaid card. However, you can also provide e-wallet account details, and the provider will debit your account, getting the money next time you log in to your e-wallet account and use it for the transaction.
- Direct Bank Transfer & eChecking. Direct bank, also known as wire transfers, are the oldest and the simplest form of online casino money transaction methods widely recognized in the USA. They exclude the need for third-party services, such as cards or e-wallets, therefore the prefix “direct.” E-checks allow the player to instantly transfer funds from savings or checking accounts directly to the online casino account.
Best USA Online Casino Games
Nowadays, USA-based players have the opportunity to select from a wide range of online casino games, including online slot machines, Live Dealer games, then Online Roulette, Poker, both Video Poker and a variety of other versions, Blackjack, Baccarat, Craps, and many more.
For instance, you can choose to enjoy the powerful Live Ultimate Texas Hold’Em Poker offered by the Jackpot City casino and powered by the exceptional platform design by Evolution Gaming. If you are a slot lover, then you will feel excited to hear that Las Atlantis only has a slot library with over 190 various titles at your disposal. As all online casinos legally recognized by the USA undoubtedly offer thousands of different online slot machines! Some of the most popular, as well as some of those with the highest RTP percentage (which brings the popularity), are:
- Spirit of the Inca, with an RTP of slightly over 97%
- Sevens Wild, carrying a return to player of 96.65%
- Secret Jungle, coming with a return to the player percentage that takes a value of 96.5%.
If you are a USA-based online Poker lover, websites such as Ignition Poker and America’s Cardroom with surely fulfill all your needs with a wide range of online poker games to choose from!
The players have the opportunity to enjoy European, American, Zoom, or Roulette with Track by visiting the most popular online Roulette-oriented websites in the United States of America.
Top 3 USA Online Casinos
As for now, in 2021, the most popular online casino websites dedicated to the player from the United States of America are:
- Las Atlantis – licensed by Curacao, this casino offers a great welcome bonus with a match percentage of 280% up to the amount of $14,000! You get to enjoy games developed by Real Time Gaming and Visionary iGaming and utilize multiple payment methods, VISA and MasterCard, Bitcoin, and Bank Wire Transfer.
- Wild Casino – a new player on the market, this operator offers online Roulette, Blackjack, Baccarat, and online slot machines and Live Dealer games. You can benefit from various bonuses, including the Welcome Bonus, Casino Reload Bonus, then Wild Weekends Bonus, Slots Stampede Bonus, and Leader of the Pack Bonus. Gamblers can make payments via Bank Wire Transfer, VISA, MasterCard, Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Litecoin.
- BetUS, founded in 1994 and licensed by Curacao, offers a 100% welcome bonus of up to $2,500. The players can enjoy a palette of games from Digital Gaming Solutions. The casino allows multiple deposit/withdrawal methods, VISA, MasterCard, Bank Wire Transfer, and especially cryptocurrencies, such as Ethereum, Bitcoin, or Bitcoin Cash. The website is 100% mobile compatible and very user-friendly, but the casino app is still missing.