Mexican Themed Mobile Slots
Mexican themed online slots are great for people who want to get exposed to Mexican culture. These slots are often made to honour Mexico’s rich history, traditions, or popular culture.
As could be expected, the audio of these slots could either be jolly or foreboding. Those that focus on Mexican festivities have an audio where music was played with banjos and percussion instruments.
Whether you like Cinco de Mayo or the celebration of the dead, there are many Mexican slots to choose from. Yes, there are also adventure games where you get taken back to the era of Mayan Civilization.
TOP 3 Online Casinos with Mexican Themed Slots
Mexican Themed Slot Machines Graphics and Design
Mexican themed mobile slots often show a caricature of a stereotype Mexican—one that wears a big sombrero, and the guy always has a combed moustache.
Here are the most common symbols on Mexican slot machines:
- Mexican guy
There are many types of mobile compatible Mexican slots, and they cover a wide aspect of slot genres. It is not unusual to find Mexican themed slots that operate in a 5×3 grid, and there are also those that operate on a 3×3 grid.
Mexican Themed Slot Features
Here are the most common features of Mexican slots:
- Wild – a symbol that functions as a substitute; this symbol can help you make a winning payline in case you are missing one on a specific position. Wilds can expand or nudge to the side, but it depends on the game developer.
- Scatter – a scatter symbol is called so because it does not have to be on specific positions to award a prize. Most of the time, you need at least three scatter symbols to trigger a bonus. Some scatter symbols pay money, while some only trigger the free spins bonus.
- Free Spins – free spins refer to an award where the slot machine will spin several times. The number of free spins you get depends on how the developer set the game. In the free spins round, you can win money, but you are not betting any. This is why they are called free spins.
Some Mexican online slots offer bonuses and progressive jackpots, but these are not common—it really depends on the game developer that created the slot machine.
5 Mexican Themed Slot Machines You Should Try
Now, let us take a look at the five best Mexican themed slots that you must play. The titles on our list are the most popular ones. Some of them are old, and some are recent. Despite their age, these slots are the favourites of punters all over the world.
- Paco and the Popping Peppers – this is a five-reel slot that comes from BetSoft. It has three rows, and the symbols you spin here are mostly different kinds of peppers.
Here are the slot’s features:
- Line Selector – there are 30 adjustable paylines in the game, and you can choose to bet between 0.02 and 1 coin per line.
- Pop Feature – if you manage to land winning combos, the symbols that make up the winning line will explode. Then, they get replaced with new ones.
- Bonus features – after landing three scatter symbols, you will play a bonus where you have to guess if the next card is higher or lower. If your guess is correct, you win more money.
The slot machine has no wild symbols, but it does offer random multipliers. The bonus round is similar to the gamble feature rounds of other slot machines. Also, the game is only compatible with Flash. You cannot play it on Chrome, but it will play on other browsers.
- Grim Muerto – this slot machine that you can play on mobile is based on the celebration of the dead. It is a 5×3 slot machine with an RTP of 94.57%. It is developed by Play N’ Go.
Here are the features:
- Free spins – three books of the dead trigger ten free spins. During this round, you get extra wilds—any skull symbol is wild, and they substitute for all symbols except the scatter.
- Wild – the wild in the game is the guitar; it substitutes for all symbols to make a winning line, and it also pays coins.
- Marco Sinestro – it is a feature where one reel is randomly selected by the machine. If a wild appears on this reel, it will expand. In the free spins game, you will have between two and five selected reels.
- Second Chance – this is a feature where two scatter symbols allow you to choose a skull Mariachi. This Mariachi will reveal an award. If what you revealed is a scatter symbol, the slot is going to trigger the free spins round.
Overall, there are four high-value symbols and five low-value ones in the game. It has 30 paylines, and all the prizes on the paytable are multipliers used against your stake per line.
- Red Hot Tamales – this is a great Mexican themed 3×3 slot machine with 27 paylines, which is developed by IGT. The variance of the game is low, and it has an RTP of 94.84%.
Here are the features:
- Wild – even if it is only a 3×3 slot machine, it has a wild symbol. The wild here is the symbol that has the text “wild” on it. It awards 200 coins, and it also substitutes for all symbols to make a winning line.
- Any Seven – there are three types of Lucky 7 in the game—green, red, and yellow. These are the symbols that pay the most. If you land any three, you still get to win ten coins.
- Bonus – there is a bonus award here called Blackout Win. The prize is 1,000x your wager. The blackout win can only happen if you landed the Yellow Lucky 7 in all positions.
As a 3×3 slot, there are seven types of symbols that spin here, which means that landing a combo may be tougher than you think.
- Luchadora – this is a 5×4 slot machine that has a medium variance from Thunderkick. The game offers 30 paylines and an RTP of 96.2%.
Here are the features:
- Wrestler symbols – there are four wrestlers, or luchadors, in the game. These symbols may convert into a wild.
- La Luchadora – there is an underdog symbol on the reels. If you manage to convert the four wrestlers into wilds, this underdog will transform into the La Luchadora. It is going to trigger the bonus round.
- Ring Corners – as a 5×4 grid, there are four corner spots where you want a wrestler to land. If a wrestler lands on any corner, it will become a substitute of all wrestlers with the same colour on the grid. All these wrestlers will become wild symbols.
- Free Spins – win between seven and 11 free spins in the game. This gets triggered by the Lucha Smackdown symbol.
- Multiplier – you have a chance to win multiplier values between 2x and 15x your total bet. This is also triggered by the Lucha Smackdown symbol.
The game also has a Lucha Bonus symbol. If you land three of it, you will trigger the Lucha Bonus Game. In this game, you will receive between seven and 15 free spins. In this bonus, all wrestlers that transformed into a wild will remain the same until you are out of free spins.
- Tres Amigos – this slot is a 3×3 game with only one payline (from PlayTech). It is a truly classic game that showcases three Mexicans and other symbols related to the country.
Here are the features:
- Seven symbol – only seven symbols spin on the reels.
- Two Bets – you can bet two coins for each round. If you bet two coins, you get to win more money.
The symbol that pays the most in this slot machine is the sombrero. If you manage to land this on a line at one bet, you win 1,200 coins. At two bets you win 2,500 coins.
This slot machine has no wild, scatter, or free spins bonuses. Despite that, what’s good about it is that if you laned two or just one chilli, you still get a prize. For two chillies, you win five coins or ten if you wagered two coins for the spin. For one chilli, you win either two or four coins.
Can You Play Mexican Slot Games for Free?
You can play Mexican mobile slots for free. What you have to do is to click on a demo slot, and you should be able to play them on mobile. You need a browser and an internet connection to access these games. You do not need to register or install the game to test or play slot demo.
In our free slots, you will not win real money. If you want to play the real deal, you have to register at an online casino and deposit real cash. On the bright side, there are many casinos that offer bonuses where you do not have to deposit cash. Just register, claim the bonus, and you can play for free and then win real money, provided that you follow all bonus terms and conditions.
Mexico is a diverse country with a rich history. It is known around the world as one of the cradles of civilization—a country governed by wise ancient human beings like the Mayans. Mexican themed slot mobile games are a testament to this diversity, and you should play some of them to get to know Mexican culture a little more.