Wild Symbols in Online Slots
There are video slots in the gaming industry market, roughly divided into two groups: with or without special symbols. The first option is slot machines of a more modern format, with five reels and bonus features. The second type is the classic three-reel slots with one payline, mainly a “fruit” theme. Programs without special symbols are more popular with connoisseurs of classics.
Modern video slots may differ in their capabilities and characteristics. Still, they will necessarily have wild symbols that, falling out on the reel, will increase the chance of getting winnings for customers.
It is worthwhile to study their capabilities in more detail. So let’s get it started!
Best Online Casinos with Wild Symbols Slots
Wild Symbols of Slot Machines: How Do They Work?
If we talk about the visual design of these symbols, then more often, they depict the slot’s logo. This feature allows you to recognize them among other, cheaper payout symbols quickly. Less frequently, they will depict a character or other thematic picture of the video slot.
Slot games wild symbols include a wide variety of options:
- Stacked wilds are one of the bonus features available in slots. Such Wilds occupy more than one position on the playing field, but several at once; sometimes, they can even fill out the whole reel. Such groups increase the chance of getting high payoffs;
- Nudging wilds — these are the symbols that appear in the first positions and move down only one position at each start of the reel, while the rest of the icons rotate as usual;
- Multiplier wilds are a great chance to multiply your prize, as symbols of this format activate multipliers when forming winning combinations. In some slots, these multipliers can be up to x500, or even more;
- Expanding wilds — the special symbol can be expanded to the whole reel, remaining in its place at a few rotations, the number of which directly depends on the type of slot;
- Roaming wilds — appearing at any position on the screen, such a symbol moves in a randomly specified direction. All the pictures it passes through also turn into Wilds.
But the primary function of such unique icons is to substitute other payout symbols during the formation of prize combinations and increase the reward’s size. Usually, the highest paying line is a line of five wild symbols.
Top 5 Online Slots Wild Symbols Games
We recommend paying attention to the best wild symbol slots for those just starting their way in the gaming industry. Note that they are available in free demo versions. This demo mode allows you to get acquainted in more detail with the main functionality, rules, and features of the formation of prize combinations without risking your deposit.
Wolf Run from IGT
The theme of this slot is entirely consistent with its name – you can see a large number of wolves on the playing field. The reels are in a 4×5 format with a background of mountains and forests. There are 40 paylines offered, and the payout percentage to players is 94.98%. When it comes to volatility, it can vary from medium to high, which may indicate the instability of the slot. Sound effects perfectly complement the overall game atmosphere. The video slot is distinguished by selecting the number of active paylines and making a separate bet on each line. The range of rates varies from $1 to $300.
Let’s highlight the bonus functions of the Wolf Run virtual machine:
- Stacked Wilds — a particular symbol is depicting a wolf howling at the moon. During the game on the field, the whole reel can be filled with these symbols and increase the chance of winning;
- Free spins — the mode is activated when three or more scatters appear on the grid. Players can restart the bonus game if three symbols appear on the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th reels.
Wolf Run online slot attracts customers with its simplicity, clear rules, and good chances of getting a prize.
El Paso Gunfight xNudge Slot from Nolimit City
This El Paso Gunfight slot machine will appeal to those who have already appreciated the previous cult version called Deadwood. The Wild West-themed slot offers quite an attractive potential for the main prize, which can be 44,440 times more than the original stake. The entire gameplay occurs in the salon, and the musical and visual design evokes only positive emotions. The volatility of this game is high, so beginners are advised first to try the slot in the demo version.
Marshall Studenmire is a wild xNudge and can only appear on the middle reels. This symbol contributes to the appearance of multipliers. Three scatter symbols start a mode with eight free spins. In this mode, scatters turn into jumping jokers, which change their position with each free spin.
We recommend considering this slot for those users who want to go for bigger and bigger thrills.
Opal Fruits by Big Time Gaming
Opal Fruits slot machine has a pretty good payout percentage to the player, above the average of 96.75%. The playing field has six spinning reels and 5625 paylines. As such, this slot does not have a bonus game, but other options are available:
- Multipliers increase the initial bet by a certain number written on the symbol. If the prize combination consists of two or more multipliers, they are summed up;
- cascading reels — when each winning combination is formed, the prize symbols disappear, giving way to new ones;
- the free spins feature is activated when the player on the field was able to collect the word “Free” in gold letters;
- Wild replaces any other payout symbol and helps to form winning combinations.
Try this slot in demo mode, which will let you get acquainted with its functionality and features of the formation of paylines.
Starburst and Starburst XXXtreme Machine from NetEnt
Starburst can be safely called one of the most famous slot machines developed by NetEnt. Following the success of this slot, the team released a new and improved version — Starburst XXXtreme. The simplicity of these video slots attracts and allows even the most inexperienced player to understand the rules very quickly. If we talk about the percentage of payments to the player, then the RTP is higher than the average, which indicates a good chance of getting the main prize.
Starburst slot only has one bonus feature — an expanding re-spin of sticky jokers. Wilds can only appear on the middle reel, after which they expand, and the payout multiplied ability is switched on. The new version also has this function, but its main difference is the appearance on the playing field of multipliers with a random value, which can go up to x150.
Gods of Olympus Megaways by Blueprint Gaming
Gods of Olympus slot was released in August 2019 and offered players a variety of reel modifiers and free spins. The wide betting range from $0.10 to $10 is ideal for gamblers with a small bankroll. The maximum win of 10,000 times will appeal to a wide range of users. 15,625 is the maximum number of potential winning combinations in a wild slot.
This representative of wild symbols slots has as many as five bonuses round modifiers:
- Mystery Thunder — mysterious symbols appear on the field;
- Bonus Thunder — scatter symbols appear on the grid and increase the chance of activating a round with free spins;
- Wild Thunder — 10 multipliers appear on the reels;
- Up to 6 reels are combined into one;
- Respin Thunder — all winning symbols remain in place, and the rest rotate to form higher-paying winning combinations.
This one is a high volatility slot with an average RTP.
Briefly About Slots With Wild Symbols
Today, it is more and more challenging to find slot machines without such special symbols. Their presence on the playing field makes the gameplay more fascinating and nerve-wracking to some extent. At the same time, it gives gamblers confidence in receiving a win. Wild takes part in the formation of prize combinations and replaces any other payout symbol, thereby increasing the chance of increasing the initial bet.
Modern software developers offer their customers a large selection of slots on various themes, which will delight the presence of the wildest symbol and the presence of additional functionality.