High Volatility Online Slots
Hit frequency is a value that indicates how often slot machines will pay, and this value can be low, medium, or high. Contrary to popular belief, hit frequency has nothing to do with the maximum win or maximum payout. Regardless of the win or payout amounts, hit frequency will remain within a specific range. This range shows how often you will win and whether the part of that win will be low or high. In this article, we will talk about high volatility slots and explain what they are. We will also give some examples of high volatility slots so you can get a quick start.
Online Casinos to Play High Volatility Slots
The Volatility of Slots: What Is It and Is It the Same as Variance?
Volatility and variance are economic terms, and volatility indicates the price changes. Economically, high volatility means a significant difference between the lowest and highest prices of a product over time. Variance is a term that generally indicates the size of the risk taken and how much the return on investment will be. However, a slot player does not need to try to learn the difference between the two. In slot games, variance and volatility mean the same thing and indicate how often payments will be made.
To put it simply, low volatility slots payout often but low. You win every few spins, but the payout amount is not high. Medium volatility slots represent the average, and both payout amounts and frequency do not exceed average values - it’s possible to say it’s the most common slot volatility. High volatility slots, on the other hand…
What Is a High Volatility Slot?
High volatility slots payout frequency is low, and you have to spin for a long time to get a win. However, the payout amounts are high, so when you win, it will be worth it. How long you need to wait before a win happens is determined entirely by RNG, so it is impossible to give an exact spin count. The payout value of the symbols determines the prize amounts, so each game is different. In any case, it is possible to say two certain things for high volatility slots: you need to invest more until you get a win, and the amount of win will be higher than for low and medium volatility slots.
Top High Volatility Slots You Can Play Right Now
All of the following slots offer high volatility, and they are the best options in this particular category:
- Shamrock Holmes. Developed by All41 Studios, this is a Megaways slot machine that offers up to 117.649 paylines. Its RTP is 96.44%, and you can win up to 28.000x total bet. The bet range changes between 0.20 and 20 coins.
- Lil’ Devil. This video slot is developed by Big Time Gaming and released in September 2019. It has 6 reels and 4.096 paylines in total. The RTP rate is 96.43%, and it is possible to win up to 40.000x total bet. You can spin the reels for as low as 0.10 coins.
- Solar Temple. This video slot by Playson was nominated for the “Game of the Year” in EGR 2020. It is a classic video slot with 5 reels & 20 paylines. It offers an RTP rate of 95.22%, and you can win 10 free spins by landing three scatters on reels 1, 3, and 5.
- Book of the Ages. This Gamomat video slot is for old-school players. It has 5 reels, 10 paylines, and a 5×3 layout. The RTP rate is 96.15%, and the maximum bet amount is 6 coins: You don’t need a big bankroll to play with the max bet.
- Wild O’Clock. Red Tiger Gaming offers this video slot with 6 reels, 30 bet lines, and an RTP rate of 95.69%. You can win 12 free spins with 8x multipliers and use the wild symbol to complete any winning combination.
We are listing the rest of the high volatility slots we recommend in the table below:
|NAME||DEVELOPER||REELS & LINES||RTP|
|Book of Madness||Gamomat||5 reels & 10 lines||96.15%|
|Barbarian Fury||Nolimit City||5 reels & 25 lines||96.06%|
|Chaos Crew||Hacksaw Gaming||5 reels & 15 lines||96.30%|
|Punk Rocker||Nolimit City||5 reels & 243 lines||96.01%|
|Poison Eve||Nolimit City||5 reels & 20 lines||96.08%|
How to Find Out If a Slot Has a High Volatility?
There are several ways to tell if a slot is high-volatility:
- Check the paytable. Sometimes the volatility of slots is shown in the paytable along with the RTP percentage. So, the developer itself tells you what the volatility is.
- Look at the payout values of the symbols. Slot symbols pay in sets of 3, 4, and 5. As the number of symbols in the set increases, so does the payout; this is the general rule. So, a 4-set will always pay less than a 5-set. However, if there is a huge difference (10 – 15x) between sets of 4 and 5, you play a high variance slot. If the payout difference between symbols sets does not exceed 3 – 5x, that game is a low or medium slot.
- Look at the minimum and maximum bet range. Due to the high payouts, the maximum bet amount of high volatility slots is usually low.
Who Should Play High Volatility Slots?
High volatility slots are suitable for players who like to take risks and do not have a budget problem. Stake amounts will be higher, and wins will not occur very often, but their quantity will be larger. This play style is better suited to a particular type of persona: Players who have time to play for a long time and who have no bankroll problems. If this is the definition that describes you, you should give high volatility slots a try. You may have to wait a bit to win, but you can be sure it will be worth it when you win.