What On Earth Slot Demo
Sitting on a 5X3 grid, What on Earth by Microgaming is an online slot that was published in 2005. Today, it is considered as a classic slot that takes players to the realm of aliens. With only nine bet ways, the game offers an easier way to win as there are only a few symbols involved.
In this What on Earth slot review, we will learn how to play the slot machine, take a look at a strategy, find out how the buttons work, and also calculate how the paytable works.
Top Casinos to Play What On Earth for Real Money
Game Theme and Overall Design
A player should not be surprised to see that the What on Earth slot machine is in 2D style, and that it was designed to have a cartoonish look. The symbols you will spin here are alien creatures that look like ‘classic alien’ variations.
As a classic slot, the developers also incorporated known slot symbols, but with a twist. An example if the plum, which looks like Saturn, and the cherry meteor that is wrapped in fire.
What on Earth Slot Features and Symbols That Pay High
In this game review, we will give you a guide to the game features and symbols that yield better payouts and results:
- Wild – the wild symbol in the mobile casino game is the What on Earth video slot game icon. It has its own payout, and it substitutes for other symbols to create a winning line. Unlike most slot mobile machines, the wild in this game only substitutes for two symbols, which are the alien eyes and the control panel. The wild will only pay if you land it on a recognised pay line.
- Scatter – there are three scatter symbols in the video slot. These are the red, green and blue spaceships. The scatter symbols have their own payout grid, and the win calculation is made against your total stake, not your bet per line. You will win this prize if you land at least three scatter symbols on adjacent reels, not anywhere on the grid. All scatter wins are added on top of the line wins.
Here are the scatter payouts:
- Red spaceship: 100 coins for five, 25 coins for four and 3 coins for three icons.
- Green and Blue spaceships pay only 3 coins for three icons.
Remember, all scatter prizes are multiplied against your total stake.
- Beam’Em Up Bonus – this is a bonus round that gets triggered if you land the scatter symbols. You need at least three blue or green scatter symbols lined up on adjacent reels, or a combination of both. If the scatter you landed is the red one, you need three of it, but it cannot be combined with the other two spaceships.
In the bonus, you can win multipliers up to 200x. Your duty is to beam as many earthlings as you can, and you will win prizes. There is another variation of the bonus, where your job is to find the globe symbol, and then you will travel to a densely populated area. If you find the special earthling, you can win up to 400x your total bet.
Buttons to Use While Gaming
Here is a tutorial about the key buttons you need to pay attention to while gaming, both on desktop and if you play on mobile.
- Plus/Minus – use this button to adjust the currency value of each coin. You can change it between 0.01 and 1 credit.
- Select Lines – there are nine paylines in the game, and you have to choice to activate only one or all of them. Your bet per line will be multiplied by the active lines you selected, and this will comprise your total stake for that spin.
- Select Coins – the coins that you select are the number of coins you want to wager per line. You can bet between one and five coins per line, or a total of 45 total coins per spin.
- Spin – click this to begin the round and spin the reels.
- Expert/Regular – this is what you have to click if you want to use the autoplay mode for free play. With the autoplay, you can set the number of times the What on Earth online slot will spin.
There is also a Max Bet button. If you click this, you slot will wager the highest amount, and will spin the reels.
How to Play the Slot Machine
Here are the steps to play the game.
- Step 1: Use the plus/minus button to decide how much the value of each coin is going to be. This is the real currency, so if you are from the UK, the currency is GBP. If you are playing slot demo version, it is fun credits. You can choose between 0.01 and 1 credits per coin.
- Step 2: Select the lines. You can activate all nine lines or just one. If you selected 1 credit as the coin value, and you activated nine lines, your bet for that spin is 9 credits.
- Step 3: Select the coins. This button allows you to increase your bet per line. You can bet up to five coins per line. If you do wager five coins per line, your 1 credit bet per line is now 5 credits. And if you activate nine lines, your total wager is 5 credits X 9 lines = 45 credits.
- Step 4: Click in the spin button found at the bottom right.
Note that you cannot play the game using Coin Mode. You can only play this game in Currency mode, which means it will only display real cash values.
To win in the game, you have to land the same-symbol combinations. Some symbols require at least three of a kind, while some only require one. The symbols must be positioned on the pay lines, and the pay line where they are positioned must be active.
Here is the paytable.
All payouts are in coins, and they will be multiplied against your line bet. The paytable values do not change even if you increase and decrease your bet.
Here is an example of a scenario:
- Lines active – 9
- Coin value – 0.01
- Coins per line – 1
If you landed three cherries, which has a prize of three coins, your prize is 3 X 0.01 credit = 0.03 credits. If you wagered five coins per line, the prize for that situation is 3 X 0.01 credit X 5 coins = 0.15 credits.
All winning combinations are only paid from left to right. What this means is that you may land four same symbols from reels 2 to 5, but it will not constitute any win.
In this slot machine, only the highest win will be paid. And it means that you may have two possible combinations sitting on a pay line, but you will only be paid for the higher award, not both.
One strategy that you must implement if you play What on Earth for free is that you must always activate all the lines. Also, try not to bet high amounts. Your odds of landing winning combinations do not change if you increase or decrease your bet. What you want is to be able to spin the reels as much as you can until you activate the bonus round.
Biggest Win and Jackpot Prizes
The big win in What on Earth is 7,500 coins. You can get this if you land five wild symbols on a pay line. Theoretically, you can wager 5 credits per line, and then win 7,500 coins with the wild, which amounts to 37,500 credits.
The game has no jackpot, but it does offer a bonus round. The RTP of the game is 96% and the variance is medium-low.
How to Play What on Earth Slot Machine with Real Money Online
To play with real money and win real cash, you have to register for an account at an online casino that offers the game. Take a look at our recommendations below.
- Genesis Casino – offers 100% match-up on your first deposit, capped at $100
- Casino Joy – 100% match-up + 200 free spins
- Casumo Casino – offers 30 wager-free spins to new players plus a 100% match-up capped at $300
Read the terms of the bonuses, as the free spins may only be used on specific slot machines.
Playing the Slot on Mobile
The slot machine is mobile compatible. The mobile slot can be accessed on browsers that can play Flash. It will work on Android, iOS, and other operating systems, provided that the browser is modern enough to launch flash games.
What on Earth Slot Machine Review Summary
Despite the lack of free spins, the slot machine makes up for it with the bonus game. It is the round where you can get more bang for your buck, as you can win as much as 400x multiplier if you really got lucky. Play for free before investing, and understand how the game works so you can apply the best possible slot strategy to win.