Viking & Dragon Slot Machine
This slot is not available to play due to UKGC’s new licence condition.
Viking & Dragon is a five-reel slot from Novomatic, but it was released back in March, 2018, under one of its subsidiary game engine, Green Tube. The slot has 25 paylines and a high variance.
In this Viking & Dragon slot review, we will find out how much money is at stake, take a look at the buttons and how they work, what the betting limits are and also learn where to play for free or for real money.
Viking & Dragon Overview
|Maximum Win||200x Stake|
|Min coins per spin||0.25|
|Max coins per spin||100.00|
|Release date||1 June 2007|
- 1 Viking & Dragon Slot Overview: Graphics and Theme
- 2 The Slot Features and Symbols
- 3 The Functions of the Game Buttons
- 4 How to Play Viking & Dragon Slot Machine
- 5 Maximum Possible Win in Viking & Dragon Online Slot
- 6 Where to Play the Slot for Real Money
- 7 Slot Mobile Experience
- 8 Viking & Dragon Slot Review Summary
Viking & Dragon Slot Overview: Graphics and Theme
The slot is not qualified as a 3D game per se as it is still a video slot. The thing is, the graphics were made in 3D, and it reminds you of cartoonish games in mobile apps. Here, you will be spinning such symbols as warriors, chests, armour and golden shields.
The Slot Features and Symbols
The Viking & Dragon video slot does not only offer payouts for base game combos; it does have other features like the wild and the bonus games. These features improve your winning odds.
- Wild – the wild symbol in this mobile casino game is a golden shield that has the word “wild”. It functions as a substitute for a missing symbol to help you create a winning line. The wild can replace any symbol except the scatter. The wild symbols also pay out money if they land a combo on a pay line. The maximum you can take from the wild is 1,500 credits at the maximum wager of 50 credits per round. Wilds pay on top of the scatter wins. Here is the wild payout breakdown:
- 5x – 1,500
- 4x – 150
- 3x – 50
- 2x – 30
- Scatter – the scatter symbol in the Viking & Dragon slot machine is a treasure chest with the word “bonus.” You have to land at least three of them anywhere on the grid on one spin to be awarded a prize. It grants free spins and a cash prize. Below is the breakdown of what you can win:
- 5x – 1,250 credits plus 20 free games
- 4x – 250 credits plus 12 free games
- 3x – 100 credits plus 8 free games.
During the free play bonus round, the slot will spin and pay you if you land winning combos. However, it will not charge your bankroll for those spins. The bet amount is the same as the wager size that triggered the bonus round.
You can win more free games in the Viking & Dragon slot game if you land the scatter symbol during the bonus round. The range of the extra free spins is between 2 and 5. The cash prizes shown here reflect what you can win at the maximum bet of 50 credits.
- Multiplier – if you land scatters that award free spins, the rightmost scatter may reveal a multiplier value. If it does, this multiplier value will be multiplied by the number of free spins, not the win amount. The multiplier values are between 2x and 5x. What this means is that if you land five scatter symbols and win 20 free spins, but you also get a 2x multiplier, your total free spins bonus is 40.
- Extra Wild – this is a random bonus in the Viking & Dragon slot machine given in the base game and the bonus rounds. In it, you will receive anywhere between 3 and 15 extra wilds that will be randomly dropped on the grid. The wins are calculated once all the wilds are in place. This is a key feature of the slot, and you will receive a lot of coins if you are plying the maximum bet possible.
- Gamble Feature – after every win, you can choose to gamble or collect your prize. If you choose to gamble, you will open a screen where there is one face-down card. You have to guess the colour of the card. The choices are red & black. If your guess is right, you double your win. If it is wrong, you forfeit your win, and then you have to spin the reels again. If you win on the gamble, you can play up to five times, doubling your money at each correct guess. Here is a theoretical win amount if you manage to win five consecutive times in the gamble feature. In this example, we will use a win amount of 10 credits:
- Win 1 – 10 x 2 = 20
- Win 2 – 20 x 2 = 40
- Win 3 – 40 x 2 = 80
- Win 4 – 80 x 2 = 160
- Win 5 – 160 x 2 = 320
If you do not want to gamble, just click on the Collect button at the bottom right at each win.
The Functions of the Game Buttons
Here are is a guide about the buttons and how they work:
- Menu – use it to view the paytable, game rules, and line positions.
- Total Bet – click this button to make changes to the size of your wager.
- Max Bet – use it if you want the slot to bet the highest amount, then click on the Start button to trigger the reels.
- Auto – this is the auto-spin button. You have to set the number of spins, won-limit or loss-limit before it can work.
- Start – this is the spin button.
If you use the auto-play, the slot machine will not offer the gamble feature.
How to Play Viking & Dragon Slot Machine
Take a look below for a tutorial on how to operate the slot machine and win:
- Click on Total Bet and choose how much you want to wager for the round; you can choose between 0.50 and 50 credits.
- Press the Start button at the button right.
- Let the reels spin.
In the Viking & Dragon free play and the paid version, you cannot choose the number of active lines: there are always 25 lines that you are getting on. Technically, you can bet between 0.02 and 2 credits per line, which will be multiplied by 25 lines per round.
To win, you must land two or three same symbols on specific positions. These 25 positions are available on the game menu. Here are the winning combo rules:
- A combo must be from left to right.
- The combo must start from the leftmost reel.
- The symbols must be on adjacent reels.
Here is the paytable at the maximum bet of 2 credits per line or 50 credits total bet.
The win amounts change according to your bet size. In this example, if you land five symbols of the warrior (and your bet is 50 credits), you will win 500 credits. The slot machine will only pay the highest possible win on a line. Sometimes, it is possible to have two winning combinations on a payline. An example is shown below at a max bet of 50:
- Reel 1 – wild
- Reel 2 – wild
- Reel 3 – wild
- Reel 4 – warrior
- Reel 5 – warrior
If this happens, the slot would think that you either have 3 wilds on a pay line or five warrior symbols on a payline. Three wilds only pay 50 while five warriors pay 500. In this case, the slot will pay you 500 credits, not 550.
Maximum Possible Win in Viking & Dragon Online Slot
The maximum win is 1,500 credits. You will win this if you land the wild symbol five times on a pay line. The slot machine does not say how much the maximum win is in consideration of all the possible bonuses. If you do the math, and assume that you landed 15 wilds on the grid, then you will be paid 25 pay lines X 1,500 per line = 37,500 credits at a bet of 50.
Where to Play the Slot for Real Money
Before you play with real cash, take a look at our recommended casinos below. These casinos have been tested by our reviewers, and we know that they are safe and secure.
- Wixstars – in this casino, you can enjoy 100% match bonus up to €200 or its currency equivalent in your country. It comes with 100 free spins. Upon sign-up, you will only get 20 free spins. The rest will be on your account after your second and third deposit.
- Guts Casino – get as much as €100 or its currency equivalent in bonuses plus 100 free spins. The free spins can only be used on the Conan slot machine. The match-up bonus is 200% capped at €100. The minimum deposit is only €10.
Choose from these two casinos to play your favourite games and slot machines. Both offer great bonuses and reasonable wagering requirements.
Slot Mobile Experience
The slot is mobile compatible, and you can access it from a browser. Just make sure that your browser is modern enough to read Java, HTML5 or Flash. If you play casino games on mobile, your Viking & Dragon mobile slot experience will depend on the casino itself. Some gambling operators will require that you download and install a casino app. The game itself does not have a mobile app.
Viking & Dragon Slot Review Summary
Overall, Viking & Dragon by Novomatic is a game that offers players several avenues to win big. Despite the few features, the game compensates the lack of a progressive jackpot with its random wild drops and free spins.
Test the game in our Viking & Dragon demo play. Play for fun and create a slot strategy that works for you. After that, choose from our list of casinos, register and then make your deposit.