The Wolf’s Bane Slot Demo
The Wolf’s Bane is the new online slot machine game released by Net Entertainment (NetEnt) coinciding with Halloween 2019, that went live at the nick of 24th October. Themed around werewolves, the storyline is set against the backdrop of a full moon night taking place in an 18th century village that has some secrets for you to discover.
The Wolf’s Bane video slot is spread across 5-reels, 3-rows and 10-paylines and is playable over desktops, mobiles and tablets through instant play. The game comes with a decent range of features, including 4 different Wilds, Pick-and-Click bonus games and free spins. Let’s find out more about this new NetEnt game with our insightful The Wolf’s Bane slot machine review.
The Wolf’s Bane Overview
|Maximum Win||500x Stake (up to 50.000 credits)|
|Min coins per spin||0.10|
|Max coins per spin||100.00|
|Release date||24 October 2019|
|Special features||Free Spins, Pick up Bonus Feature, Four Different Wild Symbols|
|Mobile||Portrait and Landscape Screen Layout|
Top Casinos to Play The Wolf’s Bane for Real Money
A New Addition to NetEnt’s Catalogue of Most Stunning Graphical Slots
According to Netent’s Director of Games, Bryan Upton, the beautifully designed slot is meant to “make your hair stand!” And that is not an overstatement.
The game opens with a little intro on the features. The high-definition 3D graphics are similar to other NetEnt games like Jumanji or Halloween Jack, but what really makes a difference for The Wolf’s Bane is the impressionable combination of animated visuals and howling sound effects that totally get you into the spooks of the ambience. As the borderless reel smoothly glides with every spin, you can hear wolf howls every time you land a winning combination, with a gust fluttering some dry leaves across the screen. There are separate backgrounds for The Wolf’s Bane slot mobile and desktop versions. And tiny details of animation and sound effects are added throughout different levels of gameplay. It’s safe to say that The Wolf’s Bane by NetEnt is among the most graphically enriched slots released this year.
The Wolf’s Bane Slot Features
- Free Spins. The scatter symbol, which is denoted by the full moon, activates the free spins when at least 3 of them appear anywhere on the reels. You get 10, 20 and 30 free spin rounds for landing 3, 4 and 5 scatters in a single reel, respectively. Moreover, the free spin rounds come bearing gifts, featuring any 1 of the 4 wild symbols in every spin. And an overlay wild feature appears any of the reels 1, 2 or 3 and optimizes the winning combinations. If you land into additional scatter symbols during a free spin round, then you get added free spins.
- Pick-and-Click Bonus System. The Pick-and-Click Bonus feature is activated by the “Bonus” tile with the Van Helsing like werewolf hunter that appears randomly in the main game. Landing a minimum 3 of these tiles on reels 1,3 and 5 gives you a chance to win extra cash coins. You need to click-and-pick any of the 3 tiles, and it will reveal a coin win that’s anywhere between x5 to x50 your stake. Remember that even though there are 3 tiles, you get to choose only 1.
- Enjoy 4 Wild Features. You can enjoy 4 different wild symbols, but only the regular wild appears on the main game while the rest of them appear in the free spins rounds. The Regular Wild appears randomly anywhere on the reels and substitutes any other symbol, except for the scatter. Meanwhile, each free spin round occurs with any of the 4 Overly Wild symbols, including the Regular WIld and 3 more wild features.
- Expanding Wild – is denoted by the green wolf, expands over the entire reel vertically and substitutes all the symbols with a full-reel winning combo.
- 2x Multiplier Wild – The red wolf multiplier wild doubles up a winning combination payout.
- Spreading Wild – The amber howling wolf goes left to right, horizontally spreading across an entire reel, similar to the Expanding Wild.
Even though the volatility of the game is low, it doesn’t change the fact that this slot packs in a truly exhilarating gaming experience and good winning odds.
Here’s the max payout for regular symbols, that you can get for landing into 5 tiles on a payline (with the max bet of 100 credits):
- Clairvoyant Lady with a Lamp – 3000 credits
- Grave digger – 2000 credits
- Maiden with Medicine – 2000 credits
- Card Suits – 800 – 1000 credits
The Wolf’s Bane slot game offers a simple gameplay and average variance. But this is still a NetEnt original title we are talking about, so you do have a fair share of in-game bonuses and special features nonetheless. Here’s a glimpse of the paytable, with special symbols and their payout range with a 1-coin bet.
|Symbols Payout*||3 of them||4 of them||5 of them|
|Werewolf (Regular Wild)||2.50||8.00||50.00|
|Full Moon (Scatter)||10 Free Spins||20 Free Spins||30 Free Spins|
|Green Wolf (Expanding Wild)||2.50||8.00||50.00|
|Red Wolf (Multiplier Wild)||2.50||8.00||50.00|
|Amber Wolf (Spreading Wild)||2.50||8.00||50.00|
|Ace and King||1.00||5.00||10.00|
|Queen and Jack||0.50||3.00||8.00|
*Winnings are multiplied by a total bet (current is 1.00)
Please, note that the values of the symbols depend on the coin value. So, with the highest bet of 100 credits, 5 werewolf symbols, for example, will pay 5000.00.
The Game Controls
The game controls are neatly aligned at the bottom of the reel, and an arrow system is used to let you adjust the coin value and betting levels. A coin’s system used to place the stakes, and the cost is wide-ranging that caters to both high rollers and budget players. The minimum bet is 0.10, and the maximum bet is 100 credits per spin. There is an Autoplay option which allows to set the number of spins from 10 to 1000 times. Also, it comes with advanced settings that let you adjust the Autoplay according to how you want it to operate with bonuses, free spins and other elements.
How to Play The Wolf’s Bane Slot Machine
The game has really simple gameplay, but if you are a beginner you can refer to this game review to double as a tutorial, or you can simply click on the “hamburger” button on the bottom left of the main game, to open the intro and controls manual. Here’s a step by step guide to warm you up:
- Start with choosing your bet – the game starts with choosing the coin denomination and betting value by adjusting the arrows beside the “coin value” and “bet” slots.
- Autoplay Option – If you want, you can put the whole process onto Autoplay by simply clicking the “play” button on the left side of the main spin button.
- When you land into the free spin round, a board will appear before the round starts, showing you the 4 wilds, and any one of them will be used into each spin. Each spin comes with different wilds.
- Overlay wild symbols appear during the free spin round and cover the reels that don’t have a wild symbol. Thus, they enlarge the winning combination.
- The scatter symbols are counted before any wild feature is activated or any overlay wild symbol.
The gameplay is pretty straightforward, so there’s hardly any room for applying any “slot strategy as such”. The payouts are rewarded on a left-to-right format, and only the highest payline is rewarded. But as the game progresses, it takes some interesting turns, with the storyline and presentation taking rounds to keep you hooked on to this game for longer.
Maximum Win at Wolf’s Bane Game
The maximum win is about 500x initial bet amount (up to 50.000 credits). When it comes to payouts, The Wolf’s Bane slot has got an RTP rate of 96.74%.
Play The Wolf’s Bane Slot for Free and Real Money
You can check out The Wolf’s Bane free play version on our site, no download or deposits required. If you wish to play The Wolf’s Bane slot for real money, then choose a suitable destination from our list of NetEnt casinos that are already featuring this latest game:
- Royal Panda
The Wolf’s Bane Mobile Slot Experience
The mobile casino game is built on HTML5/Instant Play platform. Whether you play on mobile or tablet, the different devices get separate graphics that run really smoothly on most smartphones and tablets, regardless of what OS or screen size you’ve got: it is really all-inclusively mobile compatible with just about any device.
By the way, Yggdrasil Gaming catches NetEnt and releases one more Halloween slot – Blood Moon Wilds free play.
Summarizing The Wolf’s Bane slot review, the main elements that make this game special is the NetEnt brand value, and the superb design worked on the highly popular theme of Werewolves. The game has some really interesting features, and a variety of them, but the low-to-medium variance puts this game in the “average” section. Nevertheless, The Wolf’s Bane online slot being an affordable game for low-rollers and having a decent RTP rating of 96.74%, it’s likely to have a positive impact on punters that like to explore different thematic slots.
The Wolf’s Bane is a beautifully designed slot that will make your hair stand on end. It’s launch has been timed to coincide with Halloween but it’s a game with a classic theme that we expect to have great longevity and wide appeal thanks to its proven game mechanics.