Kaiju Slot Review with Demo
This slot is not available to play due to UKGC’s new licence condition.
Kaiju is not a new concept in the world of Japanese films, and it is a genre dedicated to the creation of movies focused on giant monsters. Elk Studios introduces the rest of the world to this adrenaline-pumping theme with the slot game Kaiju. The slot was released on 22 February 2018.
Kaiju video slot looks like a scene from a futuristic Sci-Fi film with screens covering every building within site. The slot machine takes players a couple of decades into the future where humanity has nearly been wiped out and those that remain live in fear of the Kaiju monsters. The storyline showcased in this Kaiju Slot overview focuses on HA-42, who is on a mission to fight the reptilian creatures and save her home and the rest of humanity from being eradicated.
|Maximum Win||130,440 coins|
|Paylines||Up to 7,776|
|Min coins per spin||0.20|
|Max coins per spin||100.00|
|Release date||22 February 2018|
|Special features||Turbo Spinning, Symbol winnings, Vertical laser, Bonus symbol, Kaiju Battle Bonus Game, Kaiju Battle Vertical Laser|
|Mobile||Portrait and Landscape Screen Layout|
|Exclusive Feature||In-Game Betting Strategies|
Earth of the Future
Kaiju slot machine game is every bit as futuristic as the theme suggests. The game launches with an opening scene of HA-42 explaining her story and painting a picture about why there is a war in the first place. The set transports players to the middle of a city with lit-up buildings on each side of the street. Unlike ordinary present buildings, those in Kaiju are covered entirely by glowing screens that feature advertisements and banners. Dark grey clouds entirely cover the sky while a street runs at the bottom with neon blue lights guiding the way.
The 5×3 grid looks like a see-through screen that allows players to witness the wonders of this new world as the columns spin for a chance to land winning combinations. The icons that fall on the grid have a similar neon and computer-simulated appearance as the grid.
Elk Studios is known for being quite innovative beyond slot appearance, and the same can be seen in Kaiju slot machine. The game is developed with remarkable features that match the cool aesthetics used in its imagery. These elements include:
The symbols in Kaiju are the centre of attraction with bright shades of green, blue, red, and other colours that call onto the player’s vision. These symbols do much more than serving a striking appearance. When three or more of them are lined up on adjacent columns, a win is triggered. Kaiju uses up to 7,776 ways to win instead of paylines, which means the icons are not restricted to specific patterns. The win ways that are active per round and depend on the symbols that land on the screen. Only six symbols are used in the game, and here is a look at the paytable values of each combination they create:
|Symbols Payout*||Payouts for Three||For Four||For Five|
The maximum win is 300 credits for 5 red gems. These payouts are displayed as fixed values despite the coin value that is used. The winnings are adjusted later on once combinations are landed according to the wager placed. They are also landed by chance, and the odds cannot be influenced.
The game features high variance when awarding wins.
- Vertical laser. Kaiju by Elk Studios features a unique way to trigger the wild feature, which does not involve it appearing as an icon like in most other games. When a vertical pattern of similar symbols is created, a wild is activated on top of the character on the highest row. The screen is then assessed for any winning combinations.
- Bonus symbol. The protagonist in the slot, HA-42, plays the bonus symbol. The brunette lady only lands on the second, third, and fourth reels. When three of them appear at a go, a bonus round of seven free spins is activated. The character, however, does not offer any credit winnings.
- Kaiju Battle Bonus Game. The free spins in Kaiju online slot are dubbed the Kaiju Battle Bonus Game since HA-42 is placed in the battlefield to try and win against the reptilian monsters. Players are taken high up into the skies where one of three Kaiju monsters is presented. Each of the creatures has a unique pattern of hot spots that are arranged on top of the playing grid. The free rounds are played with the same value as the spin they were landed on.
- Kaiju Battle Vertical Laser. The vertical laser responsible for the creation of wilds comes packed with a range of bonuses for the free spins offer. They are:
- Reel Expansion. Icons that are connected vertically continue their function to activate the wild, but this time, the reel expands upwards. The opened spot remains for the rest of the Kaiju free play spins and awards an additional round.
- Hotspot Activation. When the vertical laser hits a hotspot, then all the icons connected to the pattern are turned wild before payout combinations are assessed. This wild also awards a bonus spin.
- Sticky Wilds.When the laser feature hits the last of the five hotspots, the characters that create the vertical laser all turn wild and acquire sticky features for the rest of the free spins. An additional round is awarded as well.
Kaiju Control Buttons
Elk Studios is known to go all out with the visuals of its slot machines, but the same does not apply to the buttons used to conduct gameplay. The software developer uses the standard four functions found in all its other titles, and they are scattered on the screen corners. These buttons are:
- Stack of coins – opens a second screen where players can choose their desired wager from 0.20 to 100 credits. One can also select a betting strategy to apply for gameplay.
- Spinning arrow – plays the spin button and spins the reels manually.
- Auto – supports as many as 100 consecutive spins.
- Three lines – redirect players to the winnings, rules, and bonuses section.
Kaiju slot game features the standard gameplay procedure that slots are famous for, but with a few additions that make it interesting. When choosing a stake value to use, punters should note that the amount determines the winnings granted; the higher the wager, the bigger the wins. When spinning the game in autoplay mode, the reels come to a halt when the cancel button is pressed, and it pauses if a free spins bonus is landed.
Pokie machines are known not to apply any slot strategy in gameplay, but Kaiju and other Elk Studios slots defy this notion. Punters can choose to use one of four strategies that are:
- Booster – takes the stake up one level after each loss up to four levels. A payout resets the amount.
- Leveller – drives up the stake two levels when five losses hit back to back. Another round of consecutive losses takes up the value up two more levels until a win is landed. The payout takes gamblers back to the original bet.
- Jumper – acts as the opposite of booster and takes the bet up by one level after each win up to four levels. A loss resets the amount to the starting value.
- Optimizer – changes the wager level automatically depending on a selected percentage of the credits available to place stakes. Players can choose between one and 10% with the range meant to suit both small and big spenders.
These levels do not influence the icons that land on the screen with every spin. However, they do take advantage of the losing and winning streaks to maximise the winning chances that come by.
Kaiju Maximum Win
The red gem is the highest paying character in Kaiju online slot, and it awards 300 coins for the alignment of five of them on adjacent reels. The value that is granted depends on the stakes that are used. The highest possible win in the game is 130,440 coins. No progressive jackpot is included.
Real Money Gameplay
Kaiju slot machine gives players the chance to collect real money wins in Elk Studios online casinos. This version is provided alongside a free play one that uses fun credits in the place of cash. Some of the gambling clubs where the real money game can be enjoyed include:
- Thrills Casino
- Kaboo Casino
- Pelaa Casino
- Casumo Casino, etc.
The provision of games that target the mobile compatible audience has grown in recent years, and Elk Studios is among the software providers that focus on the platform. Kaiju online slot can be played on smartphones and tablets as easily as it can be on desktop computers. The set runs without download requirements to play on mobile thanks to its use of instant play software. The game features all the elements found in the PC version, and gamblers can conduct a Kaiju Slot review and play for free or real money.
Kaiju mobile slot game provides a theme that is hardly touched on online in stunning imagery that places it on a pedestal. The bonus features presented are also unique to the storyline being told, which makes the game entertaining as well as functional as a slot machine.
The Japanese word ‘’Kaiju’’ literally translates to “strange beast,” but is often translated in English as “monster”. In movies Kaiju are associated with a genre of films originally made in Japan in the 1950’s with creatures big as houses. The most famous Kaiju in all history is Godzilla.