Elements: The Awakening Slot Machine
Elements: The Awakening by NetEnt is a 5-reel slot with three rows that has an Avalanche feature. Released on November 11, 2013, the game has a medium variance and offers players 20 fixed paylines.
In this Elements: The Awakening slot review, we will find out how much money is at stake, what the payout is, what the special features are, and how to operate the slot machine.
Elements: The Awakening Overview
|Maximum Win||5,000x Stake|
|Min coins per spin||0.01|
|Max coins per spin||0.50|
|Release date||11 November 2013|
|Special features||Special Icon, Bonus feature, Random Wilds|
|Mobile||Landscape Screen Layout|
Top Casinos to Play Elements: The Awakening for Real Money
Elements: The Awakening Slot Overview of Game Graphics and Theme
The game is made with 3D graphics, and the symbols seem to float in their positions. The game’s theme is about extraterrestrial creatures that look like living asteroids. Here, you will be spinning symbols of rocks, orbs, and flames.
Elements: The Awakening Slot Machine Features
The slot machine offers several special symbols that can improve your winning odds. Below are the features of the game.
- Wild – the wild in the base game only appears on all reels, except the first one. It is a magical box that serves as a replacement for all other symbols in both the base game and the Free Fall bonus rounds. If the wild appears and creates a win, the slot will use that combo to pay.
- Avalanche and its Meter – just above the diamond-shaped spin button is a meter. This meter has four sections, and each one will light up every time you land a winning combo. After a win, the winning symbols will disappear and get replaced with new ones. The meter’s colour matches the leading symbol’s colour on the current round.
- Energy Meter – the spin button is a diamond that is split into four squares. Each box or square gets filled up if you land a winning combo. The symbols, or elements, that make up the winning combo will determine which of the four squares will fill up. If one of these four boxes finally reaches the peak, you will activate the bonus for that particular element. The meter will only fill up during the Avalanche. It will reset if you did not win four consecutive times in the Avalanche feature.
- Free Fall Mode – after filling up one of the energy meters, activate this free spins bonus. For each kind of mode, you will get ten extra rounds. All the winning combos during the Free Fall bonus round will be added to the wins of the Avalanche that activated it.
- Fire Wild – this is a wild in the Elements: The Awakening free play that appears only on central reels. The Fire Storm wild spreads on adjacent reels, turning two more symbols into wilds.
- Air Wild – during the first Free Fall, two wild symbols will randomly drop on the grid. The Air wild will remain in their reel positions for the duration of the Free Fall mode, but only if you activate this mode for the air element. After each spin, these two wilds will randomly travel left and right.
- Earth Wild – this is a wild that in the Earth free play spins mode. They stay in the same column until they produce a winning combo. If they have been included in three Avalanche wins, they will disappear. If not, they will stay for the entire duration of the extra spin’s bonus.
- Water Wild – this wild appears in the Water element free fall in the Elements: The Awakening demo play. It is an expanding wild that covers the entire column, making the whole reel a wild one.
The four elements have different wilds, and will only be present if you activate that particular free spins bonus, which the game calls Free Fall. The Avalanche feature is still available in the free spins bonus round too.
Elements: The Awakening Slot Machine Game Buttons
Here is a guide on how the buttons work.
- Level – determines the number of coins you want to bet per line.
- Autoplay – press this if you want the reels to spin on its own.
- Max Bet – use this if you do not want to toggle the level and coin size. The maximum wager for each round is 200.
- Coin Value – choose the size of each coin. You can select between 0.01 and 0.50.
With the autoplay button, you can choose how many times the slot will spin, and you can also select a stop-loss or stop-win limit.
How to Play Elements: The Awakening Slot Machine
Here is a tutorial on how to operate the slot machine and how to calculate wins.
- Select how many coins you want to wager per line; choose from one to ten.
- Choose your coin value; select from 0.01 to 0.50.
- Spin the reels and see if you won.
To win, you have to land three same symbols on any of the 20 pay lines. The rules are shown below:
- The symbols must be adjacent to each other
- They must start from the first reel
The Elements: The Awakening video slot will only pay for combinations from left to right, and only the highest amount for each win line is paid.
The paytable has constant values. They do not change even if you adjust your Bet Level and coin size. Below is the paytable for the four high-value rock symbols with different colours.
A win in the Elements: The Awakening online slot is calculated based on your Bet Level. All the values shown on the table are coins. Let us say you wagered Bet Level 10, and you landed five symbols of the Orange rock.
In this case, your total coin bet is 10 X 20 lines = 200 coins. With five orange rock symbols, you win 1,500 coins X 10. The coin size is important for real money mode. Basically, your coin size splits the value of your coin. The smaller the coin size, the more coins you can play with. The bigger the coin size, the lesser the number of coins you have. A good slot strategy to win in this game is to stay conservative. It is better to set your coin size to the smallest possible one because the max bet is the same and the win amounts are the same. If you do that, you will give more chances to spin. The more spins you have, the more likely you are going to activate the different Free Fall bonuses.
The key to winning big is the Free Fall. It has wild symbols that randomly change positions or convert others to wilds. With more wilds in the grid, it is easier to make winning combinations.
Maximum Possible Win in Elements: The Awakening Online Slot
In the base game, the maximum win is 15,000 coins. You can win this if you stake 10 at the bet level.
Here is the illustration for the max bet:
- Bet Level: 10
- Coin Size: 0.50
- Wager for the round: 200 coins
If you landed five orange rocks, the win is:
1,500 X 10 = 15,000 coins X 0.50 = 7,500 credits.
Casinos Where You Can Play the Slot Machine
Play for fun and test this casino game. If you like it, take a look at our recommended casinos below.
- Kaboo Casino – play slots and table games here, and take advantage of the welcome bonus which can give you 100% match-up. The bonus is capped at 50 EUR. After the first deposit, you can still get a 50% match-up bonus on your second deposit.
- Casino Joy – if you like deposit bonuses, this casino offers you up to four times of deposit bonuses. The first one is 100% match-up, and you will also get 200 free spins in the Starburst slot machine. On your second to fourth deposit, you will no longer get free spins, but you will still get bonuses.
- Casino Gods – if you love free spins, then you have to register here. You can get up to 300 free spins as a new player. On your first deposit, you will get 100% match-up. Like Casino Joy, you can get bonuses for up to four deposits. The maximum you can get on all the four deposits is $1,500.
Slot Mobile Experience
Try the Free Elements: The Awakening demo on your mobile device. You can play casino games on mobile provided that the casino supports. For cash games, some casinos have limited game options if the device used is mobile.
Elements: The Awakening Slot Review Summary
Overall, the slot is packed with features. You can play for free too. While there is no scatter symbol in the mobile casino game, the free spins bonus can trigger big wins. With the four different free falls, players can enjoy different types of wild that have different special functions.