Doom of Egypt Slot Machine
Play’N Go came out with Doom of Egypt slot machine in September of 2019. It sports 5 reels and 10 paylines and an ancient Egypt theme, complete with Egyptian Gods, Mummies, scarabs, and much more. Read on further for a game review.
Doom of Egypt video slot runs on the same engine as a previous Play’N Go slot – Book of Dead. The “Book” is a hugely popular game in the world of slot gaming, so it comes as no surprise that Doom of Egypt, too, is very high quality itself. Further, this game looks like the fourth part of the Egyptian series, along with the Rise of Dead, Book of Dead and Legacy of Egypt.
Doom of Egypt Overview
|Min coins per spin||0.01|
|Max coins per spin||1.00|
|Release date||24 October 2019|
|Special features||Expanding Symbol, Wild, Scatter Symbol, Gamble Feature, Autoplay Option, Free Spins|
|Mobile||Portrait and Landscape Screen Layout|
|Prequel||Rise of Dead|
Top Casinos to Play Doom of Egypt for Real Money
Graphics and Sound in Doom of Egypt
Doom of Egypt by Play’N Go scores a ten out of ten, when it comes to graphics, sound and gameplay. As this game is a part of series, players are sure to have a fantastic immersive gaming experience when playing it. The reels are laid out on what appears to be a jewelled manuscript on the backdrop of the cold-blue temple on Doom of Egypt online slot. This seems to be the entrance to a tomb of a Pharaoh, perhaps. Hieroglyphs are also seen to cover the entirety of the reels behind the slot symbols.
The sound effects on the Doom of Egypt slot machine are particularly excellent. A suspenseful background score will continue to play as you spin the reels, and the beat seems to kick in to add further suspense when you land a winning combo. The music goes up a notch when the free spins round starts where the flute joins in.
All in all, there can be few complaints when it comes to the gameplay. Play’N Go has abided their usual high standards of game-making when it comes to this particular slot.
The Key Doom of Egypt Slot Features
The doom of Egypt isn’t particularly rich in terms of special features. The free spins bonus is its most prominent special feature, while the “gamble” option is the other. The slot also features wilds, scatters, and expanding scatter. The golden scarab appears to be the most important symbol (more on this later) while the expanding scatter, which is very handy indeed, is chosen randomly. The features are described in detail below, followed by a section on what each symbol means.
- Free spins – This feature can be very rewarding, and the absence of any other bonus games within the game is perhaps made for by this fact. This feature is activated by obtaining three or more of the special Egyptian golden scarab symbols on the active reels. You will start with 10 free spins. If you’re able to land three scarabs again during these free spins round, further free spins will be added. This process may continue until you breach the win cap. Before your free spins begin, one of the nine symbols in the game are chosen at random to stand as the expanding symbol. If this symbol is a part of winning combinations, it expands over the entire reel. For example, if the K is the special symbol and it appears on reels 1, 4, and 5, all 3 of these reels will show only the K symbol.
- Gamble – The game has the Gamble feature. It can be activated after landing any winning combo by hitting the Gamble button. You will have to guess one of either the colour or the suit of the card next card that would be drawn from the deck. Guessing the right colour will double your winnings while guessing the right suit will quadruple them. A wrong guess on the “gamble” option will cancel out all your winnings on that particular spin. So, choose to collect instead of “gamble” if you’re not ready to take this risk.
Symbols and Payout
The special Scarab symbol acts as both the wild symbol and the scatter. As the wild, it substitutes for all other symbols as in winning combinations. Two to five of these coins imply coin rewards of 10, 100, 1,000, and 5,000 times of your bet, respectively. As the scatter, three or more of them trigger 10 free spins, where three scarabs stand for 2 points, four scarabs mean 20 points, and five scarabs will win you 200 coins. These winnings will be multiplied by the total bet amount and then added to the winning line, so the symbol acts as a multiplier.
The Anubis symbol is a highly valuable one as it has the same coin rewards as the scarab wilds. The Ramses symbol (the blue Pharaoh) is the next most valuable symbol with 2, 3, 4, and 5 of these implying 5, 40, 400, and 2,000 times of your bet as prizes, respectively. Next, come the Thutmose (purple Pharaoh) and the Amenhotep (blue skeleton Pharaoh) symbols. Both of these have the same values on the values. 2, 3, 4, and 5 of them give rewards of 5, 30, 100, and 750 times your bet, respectively.
The Face card symbols are the least valuable, so payout the least. 3, 4, and 5 of the face card symbols come with 5, 40, and 150 times of your bet in rewards, respectively. The Q, J, and 10 symbols stand for 5, 25, and 100 times of your bet for the same numbers.
Doom of Egypt Buttons
The bottom of the reels is lined with various buttons, which gives players numerous options. Starting from the left, they are:
- The help button. This shows you the paytable and what the symbols mean.
- This number shows the amount of balance you have.
- Coin Value. This button lets you toggle between coin values of 0.01, 0.02, 0.03, 0.04, 0.05, 0.1, 0.2, 0.5, and 1. This will correspondingly decrease your balance.
- This button lets you pick the number of coins you want to bet between 1 and 5.
- This will decide the bet amount as it decides the number of lines you are betting on. It runs from 1 to 10.
- Bet amount. This shows the amount you have bet by multiplying the previous three figures.
- Spin and Autoplay. These are the last two buttons on the right, which allow you to spin the reels manually every time or specify the number of auto spins.
|Symbols Payout*||5 of them||4 of them||3 of them||2 of them|
*Winnings are multiplied by a total bet (current is 1.00)
How to Play Doom of Egypt Slot Machine
Following is a tutorial and guide with strategic plans on how to play for fun or without download.
- Once you begin the Doom of Egypt slot game, you will need first to select the coin value. The higher this value, the more each coin is valued as your balance will decrease correspondingly.
- Next, select your bet amount by deciding the number of coins and lines you want to bet. The bet amount is the product of these two numbers.
- Finally, you can use the autoplay feature and customise it according to your needs. You can set the auto spins to stop after a set number of spins, after a win, after free spins are won, a specific balance amount is left or used up, or a particular amount of single win.
Obtaining winning combinations (the number of these combos available is the number of lines you have specified) will win you the specified number of coins and let you either take that amount or use the aforementioned “gamble” feature. There is no set slot strategy on how to win, except that you need to bet carefully. Since this is a high variance game, you’d best not bet high amounts if you do not have much to bet.
Jackpots and Maximum Win in Doom of Egypt
This is a high variance slot, and the big win Doom of Egypt allows you to win a maximum of 250,000 coins in the bonus game. This is the biggest win, so its odds are less. This happens if you land the randomly chosen special symbol in the free spins round on all five reels, or if you land the Anubis symbol on all places on the reels. There is no designated jackpot win, however. You can test for free Doom of Egypt mobile casino game demo slot from this game review.
Online Casinos where to Play
You can play free Doom of Egypt demo or Doom of Egypt free play at a number of online casinos. Three of them are listed below. You can also play it for real money in these casinos:
- Royal Panda
- Play OJO
Play at one of these online casinos for an ensured sportsmanship, big bonuses and great time.
Doom of Egypt on Mobiles and other Platforms
Doom of Egypt is mobile compatible. Doom of Egypt slot mobile has been very well optimised for smaller screens like mobile phones, and you wouldn’t expect anything else from the developers at Play’N Go. So, you can play on the mobile any time and place that is convenient for you. HTML5 allows for seamless cross-platform compatibility on all platforms. Be it Android, iOS, tablets or other smaller screens, Doom of Egypt mobile slot provides the same mystical Egyptian experience.
To conclude this Doom of Egypt slot review, although it is a part of the series that nearly looks like a clone slot of the vastly more popular Book of Dead, it still holds its own as a fantastic game.
Being high variance, having excellent graphics, sound, and gameplay all contribute towards making this game a truly amazing immersive experience. There are a number of slots under this Egyptian mysticism category, and this is another one that definitely makes a mark.