Beat the Beast: Kraken’s Lair Slot Demo
Thunderkick started the decade with the promise of reintroducing players to the classics with a series of Beat the Beast slots. Beat the Beast: Kraken’s Lair online slot is the first release in this series. The game focuses on the Kraken, which is a mythical creature said to guard the deep seas. Other slots that will follow are based on other mythical creatures like the Sphinx, Cerberus, and others. This Beat the Beast: Kraken’s Lair slot review focuses on what the game has to offer and the tone it sets for the other titles in the series.
Beat the Beast: Kraken’s Lair Features Overview
|Adventure, Gods and Mythology
|Online Video Slots
|Min coins per spin
|Max coins per spin
|21 January 2020
|Free Spins, Scatters, Expanding Wilds
|Portrait and Landscape Screen Layout
|Beat the Beast: Mighty Sphinx
|Beat the Beast
Top Casinos Where to Play Beat the Beast: Kraken’s Lair for Real Money
Beat the Beast: Kraken’s Lair slot machine does have too much going on with its imaging. The 5×3 playing grid of the game is made of what appears to be one side of a treasure chest with blue marble designs running all around. The grid sits at the bottom of the sea, which is evident from the shipwrecks and small hills that make up the backdrop.
Beat the Beast: Kraken’s Lair by Thunderkick has several payouts and bonuses to entertain gamblers with each spin. Winnings are landed through sheer luck, and they depend on the presentation of symbols after each round. Here is Beat the Beast: Kraken’s Lair slot overview of these features:
- Wild: The Kraken Emblem stands as the wild in Beat the Beast: Kraken’s Lair slot game. The icon can land anywhere on the grid while completing the combinations of standard characters. The emblem wild only pays for combos of five symbols, and they have to appear on a playline like ordinary symbols.
- Expanding Win: This feature is activated when the Kraken Emblem wild is a part of a payout combination. One of the standard symbols in the combo expands to cover the entire reel, which leaves the chance to create more combinations and land more significant wins.
- Scatter: The Kraken Emblem plays the scatter in this slot mobile game as well, which allows it to trigger the free play spins offer. As the scatter, it can award payouts for the appearance of three to five of them anywhere on the grid. The wins lie between 200 and 20000 credits.
- Free spins: Ten free spins are awarded for landing three or more Kraken Emblems, and they can be retriggered if the same number comes into view. At the beginning of each bonus spin, the Kraken Emblem is placed randomly on the grid. The payouts in the bonus round are similar to those of the base game.
Beat the Beast: Kraken’s Lair video slot features the signature black and grey Thunderkick UI bar at the bottom of the screen. The fields and buttons are all placed in familiar sections and designs, and they are:
- Chip – opens a second page with bet values between 0.1 and 100 credits.
- Curved arrows – represent the spin button.
- Play button in curved arrows – opens the autoplay section where as many as 5000 automatic spins can be set. The number of selectable spins varies depending on how many rounds the credit balance can support.
- Total Win – shows the value of all the payouts per round.
- Cash – shows the balance available for placing wagers.
- Nine-dot button – provides access to the rules section or that of the paytable.
- Speaker – regulates whether the music in the background should be on or off.
Beat the Beast: Kraken’s Lair slot demo and real money game do not alter their gameplay procedure from the classic approach found in other slots. The slot strategy involves the selection of a stake between 0.10 and 100 credits, which are standard limits in Thunderkick slot games.
It is recommended to have a budget that is well-suited to the amount of money you spend on gambling. Big bets using small budgets can only go so far, especially since this slot features high volatility. However, if the budget is significant, the use of large stakes gives the best chance at substantial wins once combinations roll by. The results that appear after each spin cannot be influenced since the set does not entertain the application of skill.
Beat the Beast: Kraken’s Lair slot machine uses the usual paylines to determine the combinations created by symbols. The game features 9 bet lines. These lines are fixed and cannot be deactivated for the spins. Winning combinations have to begin from the left of any win line, and several patterns can be formed in a single bet line.
Low-value characters pay for combinations of three to five while those of high-value icons start from a combo of two. The values in the paytable are shown according to the bet placed, and here are those of the highest wager of 100 credits:
|Golden Kraken statue
|Kraken Emblem (scatter pays)
|Kraken Emblem (payline win)
Beat the Beast: Kraken’s Lair Jackpot Payout
Beat the Beast: Kraken’s Lair free slot skips the inclusion of a progressive jackpot and goes for fixed payouts instead. The maximum win is offered by the Kraken itself when a combination of five of them is created. The payout stands at 50,000 credits for both the tutorial and real money versions of the game. This amount can also be awarded by a combination of five Kraken Emblem icons on a bet line. This win is the rarest to land of all others since it is the most massive. The providers states that the max possible winning can go up to 7777x your bet.
Playing for Real Money Wins
Beat the Beast: Kraken’s Lair online slot is accessible in a real money version alongside the demo slot variation. The real money slot is only available in online casinos that support Thunderkick software once an account is created. This is unlike with the free slot that sometimes allows gameplay with no registration demands, mainly when accessed on affiliate websites. In the game, punters are required to use cash for bets instead of fun credits. This risk is rewarded with real money wins that can be withdrawn. Also, the deposits can be used to activate a range of bonuses. The incentives can be used in Beat the Beast: Kraken’s Lair slots depending on the casino. Video Slots, Slots Magic, Play OJO, All British, and All Slots Casino are some of the gaming sites that offer the title in their portfolios.
Gamblers can play Beat the Beast: Kraken’s Lair Slot free and the real money on mobile gadgets. The use of HTML5 technology in creation this game allows you to play on mobile. The pokie can be launched on smartphones powered by any operating system, including Windows, iOS, Android, and others. Beat the Beast: Kraken’s Lair mobile slot may be the same as the PC version, but it has the added upside of being played anywhere and at any time. The mobile compatible set runs without download demands for either an application or flash player.
Beat the Beast: Kraken’s Lair free play and real money slot may not be the first sea themed slot release in 2020, but it stands as one of the best. The mobile slot bears a simple appearance that is still pleasant to look at, which is difficult for most classic slot games to pull off.
The game features impressive rewards despite the lack of a progressive jackpot, which marks a good start for the Beat the Beast slot series. Even though the game does not introduce an entirely new take on slot gameplay or theme presentation, it still manages to offer a fast-paced experience that delivers a thrill for the next slots going to be released on the series. The game features steady RTP odds of 96.12%, and winnings are awarded in high variance.