Avalon 2 Slot Machine
This slot is not available to play due to UKGC’s new licence condition.
Avalon 2 by Microgaming is a sequel to the original of the same title. The original was published in 2006, and the sequel was released in 2014, and it offers a lot more features than its predecessor. Sitting on a 5X3 grid, the slot offers 243 bet ways, and several symbols and bonus rounds that can help a player augment his winning odds.
In this Avalon 2 slot review, we will be taking a look at the paytable, what symbols to look forward to, and also provide a slot strategy or two to help you with your overall slot experience.
Avalon 2 Slot Game Design and Theme
The slot machine’s theme is medieval. Here, you will be spinning symbols of mystical characters, such as kings and queens, and then you also have characters that came from European lore such as Merlin, Lady of the Lake, and others.
While the Avalon 2 slots’ design was made in 2D, the characters and how they are created can pass as 3D. The style of drawing made on the slot characters are not cartoonish, and they resemble those that you would typically see at game consoles.
The Avalon 2 Slot Features and Special Symbols
This slot machine has a lot of features to offer, and it can be confusing for starters. But here, we have a guide that will take you through each one of them.
- Merlin – a symbol that randomly appears in the base game. He awards a secret multiplier or random cash prize.
- Lady of the Lake – this is an expanding wild. It only expands on the third reel. It also substitutes for all other symbols to create a winning combination. It cannot manipulate the scatter symbol.
- Morgan’s Keep – a bonus round where you get to receive 20 free play spins. It has a Rolling Reels feature where you can win consecutive times. For every win, you will also receive a multiplier, which can keep on increasing up to 6X.
- Hall of Shadows – after the Morgan’s Keep round, you may find yourself in this mini-game where you have to defeat the Black Knight. You need to make a successful strike to collect scatter symbols. You will receive a cash prize after this round, and the amount will depend on your strike success rate.
- Isle of Avalon – you will get here after the Hall of Shadows, and what you need to do is to spin the Wheels of Avalon. If you stopped a golden icon on the third wheel, you will unlock a bonus award.
- Choose Your Path – this round is the moment at Avalon 2 online slot where you have to choose from three games.
- Whispering Woods – a white knight will show you five shields, and you have to choose one. The one you choose keeps a prize.
- Forest Falls – on this round, you will get 20 free spins and trailing wilds. The trailing wilds will slide down the reel at every spin, and leave a trail of wilds on that reel.
- Dusky Moors – on this bonus round, you need to match two helms. It will award multiplier values, and you can hit as high as 8x. The helms that you match will reveal a cash prize, and the multiplier value will be applied.
- Grail Bonus – if you land three scatter symbols, you will activate a bonus round. The scatter symbol also pays out coins. Below is the prizes chart for the maximum bet of 7.5 credits.
- 5 – 750
- 4 – 150
- 3 – 37.5
- 2 – 7.5
Landing two scatters will award only coins, but no bonus round.
- Lake of Legend – gets triggered if you land the scatter three times. In here, you have to roll the dice. Each side represents a fragment of a sword. You will win a multiplier for each fragment you collect.
- Misty Vale – choose a character that you want to become wild. This symbol will become a wild and will also provide a 2X multiplier.
All of the bonus rounds will get triggered if you land the scatter symbol three times. They will happen in succession. If you landed the scatter 3x, the first bonus round is the Lake of Legend. Once that is over, you have to land the scatter three times again to activate the next one.
Buttons to Operate
Here is a tutorial about the important buttons.
- Coins / Credits – use this to toggle between cash value and coin-based gameplay.
- Autoplay – use this button to make the slot spin between 10x and 100x, or until you stop it yourself. You can also customise it and set a parameter to stop the slot once your win or loss limit is reached.
Somewhere on the left side of the Demo Credits is a View Pays button. Click this to access the game rules.
How to Play Avalon 2 Slot Machine
The slot can be played based on cash value or credits. In this game review, we will be playing based on credits.
- Step 1: Click in the Bet button found at the bottom middle of the screen. Even if the slot has 243 paylines, you will only be charged for thirty credits. Since the slot allows you to increase and decrease your bet, you can wager between 30 and 150 coins per round.
- Step 2: Click on the Spin button found at the bottom right of the grid. Once you click this, the reels will spin. It is up to you if you want to wait for the slot machine to stop, or if you want to cut it short yourself. After clicking the spin button, it will change to Stop. Click it if you want to time the game.
To win, you must land at least two same symbols on adjacent reels. The symbols must be on separate reels. Some symbols require that you land at least three. Also, the combinations must start from the leftmost reel, or the video slot will not consider it a win.
Below is the high-valued icons’ paytable. All prizes shown are for the Max Bet of 7.5 credits.
All the payout values shown here are in terms of coins, not cash. If you land three symbols of the Black Knight, you will win 2.5 coins. Note that the values of the paytable increases and decreases depending on your bet size.
For example, the wild symbol can pay up to 500, but only if you wagered 7.5 credits. If you wagered only 0.3 credits, the maximum you can win with five wild symbols is only 20 credits.
Now, the questions that begs for an answer is the cash value of each credit. The value of each coin is set if you are in the Credits mode. In here, there will be two other buttons that you can toggle. First, you can set the value of each coin between 0.01 and 0.05 credits.
The second thing you can do is to determine how many coins you want to bet per line. You can choose between one and five. Once this is set, the slot machine will not determine how many credits you have, and then you can shift the game mode into Coins.
The lower the coin value, the more game credits you have. The best strategy to win in this slot is to bet small amounts. 0.3 credits per spin, valued at the lowest coin value, is a great place to start. It ensures that you have enough cash in your bankroll to be able to activate the various bonus rounds.
The Biggest Win in the Mobile Casino Game
The big win in Avalon 2 is 120,000 credits. This can only happen in the bonus rounds where you can win free spins and multipliers. In the base game, the maximum win is given for five Wilds.
Where to Play with Real Cash
To Avalon 2 slot machine for real cash, you need to register at a casino and deposit money. Here are some of our recommendations.
- Casino Cruise – offers 100% match-up deposit capped at €/$200. You will also receive 200 free spins.
- All Slots Casino – the casino offers as much as €/$1,500 in the welcome package.
- Mr Green – Get as much as €/$100 if you deposit, and also get 200 bonus spins.
Before you register, read the terms and conditions of the bonuses and whether you have the required payment and withdrawal methods supported by the casino.
The Avalon 2 Mobile Slot Compatibility
The online slot is accessible on smartphones. It is mobile compatible, but you need a Flash player to make it work. You can launch it on any browser.
You can test the mobile slot on any operating system, such as Android, iOS, Windows, and others.
Avalon 2 Slot Machine Review Summary
The Avalon 2 video slot machine is best played by the pros. It has so many features that a newcomer can get confused, but it still is a medium variance game. It is designed for long playing time, as the features happen in succession, not randomly. To be able to win as much as 120,000 credits, you need to trigger all these eight bonus rounds.